4. The Glendale Cup (Knockout Cup) Rules
- The Competition will include all Teams in The North Northumberland League.
- The entry fee will be fixed by the Committee.
- Each Team will consist of five players.
- The competition will be match play knockout, played off scratch, but players do not need to play in handicap order.
- A result in all individual matches must be obtained, sudden death extra holes to be played if necessary.
- A draw for the first round will be made by the Match Secretary at the Spring Meeting of the League. The dates for completion and result reporting of each round will be:
Prelim Round by 12th May
1st, & 2nd Round plus Semi Final date set in fixture
The final will normally be held on the course of one of the losing semi-finalists. This to be determined by the Match Secretary.
- Once each match is completed the winning captain must immediately inform the match secretary of the result to enable him to make a draw for the next round. Results must be in the Match Secretary’s hand by no later than the completion date for each round, otherwise both teams will be eliminated.
- It is the responsibility of the home team to offer three dates to play the match
Dates offered must be spread over a minimum two week period and one of the dates must be at a weekend eg 1 date in week1 and 2 dates in week 2 or vice versa ( the week shall be mon to fri ), failure to do so will result in loss of match for the home team. Should the away team be unable to compete on any of the dates given, the match will be awarded to the home team.